A nice Haiti Food Recipe of the Carribean....
- 150g (5.5 oz) chopped salt fish (Remember to soak the fish overnight to remove the excess salt.
- 250g (1/2 lb) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped tomato
- 1 dessert spoon chopped scotch bonnet
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion
- 1 egg
- 1 teas thyme leaves
- Approx 500ml (1pt) water
- Large deep frying pan, or wok.
- Heat oven to 220 degrees centigrade (428 fahrenheit)
Put the fish, flour, tomato, pepper, onion, and thyme leaves in a bowl and mix together.
Add the water bit by bit until you have a thick watery dough – you may not have to use all the water.
Roughly beat the egg and add to the mixture
Now vigorously beat everything together with a hand whisk to incorporate as much air as possible.
Put oil in pan and heat – you want it to be about 4cm (2inches) deep , you will know it is hot enough if you sprinkle a tiny bit of flour in and it sizzles.
Using a dessert spoon, drop in spoonfuls of the mix, and fry on both sides until golden brown.
Take them out and place in an ovenproof dish.
Once all are fried, put in hot oven for aprox 8-10 mins.
The Haiti food recipe of fritters are now ready to serve...enjoy it !